The Teacher who Danced
By Garrett
9 Years Old
Dedicated to Mrs. Oakley
This story is about my teacher because I love her. My teacher is a great teacher because she dances with her sutdents. It seems like she dance everywhere. She dances in the halls, to the overhead, to the office and to another teacher's room. She dances all around the tables bowing to the children to help them.
When she dances, her hair gets a little messy. It's short and black. Her eyes are dancing to the music. her feet are in so much movement. Her arms are attached to the kid. She doesn't have a tape playing. She just sings. She sings something like this, "Shall we dance.... ba dum bum dum..." Her dance is very graceful and beautiful. She dances really wonderfully.
Why do you think my teacher dances with he students? She dances with her students who are being bad in the colassroom. She says, "Don't be bad in my class or you will dance with me." This is a great way to keep the students behaving. She danced with my friend because he read a poem wrong. She danced with me because I was looking in the dictionary for a word and I couldn't find it. So I asked the teacher, "Can you help me?" She said, "Yes, but if I find it, you owe me a dance."
When my sister was in fourth grade, my teacher came into her class and asked her teacher if she had any jazz music. Her teacher said, "Yes, I have a lot of it, and I will turn it on for you." Then, my teacher danced with my sister in front of her class. She did this beacuse my sister sent my teacher an email and it said, "I dare you to dance with me." My teacher said to my sister, "Don't ever dare me to dance with you."
One day, most of the children in my class thought that my teacher had already gone to the cafeteria. So they all went to the cafeteria. But they didn't find her so they just went ahead and ate. Then, my teacher came dancing into the cafeteria. After lunch, she danced with everyone who had gone ahead to the cafeteria without waiting for her. When the students in our class make a mistake, she says, "It is alright. I forgive you." The worst that could happen is they could have to dance with her. The kids who have to dance feel embarressed, and a little frightened. But they feel very comfortable in her class.
One day, my teacher danced with a girl who did not do her homework. But later, that girl fell asleep on her desk and she picked her up and put her on the couch and let her sleep until the end of the day. Then, she woke up. She thinks her students are extraordinary, even the bad ones.
If any of the students who have been in my teacher's class grow up to be teachers, they could dance with their students. When I grow up, I might be a teacher and do the same thing. If I am a doctor or the president, I am still going to dance around the place like she does because I want to show other people how to dance and how to be kind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home